Welcome to Pacific Eye Care in Huntington Beach CA
Pacific Eye Care is a Huntington Beach optometry practice that has been serving the local community for over 20 years. We are a a full service, state-of-the-art eye center with compassionate Doctors of Optometry who are dedicated to helping Huntington Beach area families preserve their precious gift of sight.
Looking for a great eye doctor? Our Huntington Beach optometrists, Drs. Timothy Jankowski, Walter Yim and Kara Takeda, provide comprehensive eye exams, including diagnosis, treatment, and management of glaucoma, cataracts, macular degeneration, pink eye, and dry eyes. We also provide consultation and co-management for LASIK surgery.
Located in Huntington Beach, our eye doctors also serve the surrounding areas of Seal Beach, Fountain Valley, Westminster, and Costa Mesa.
Our Mission to Our Patients:
- Our goal is to build a trusting, long-term relationship with each one of our patients. We place a strong emphasis on education and communication.
- We promise cutting edge clinical care, state-of-the-art diagnostic technology, exceptional customer service, as well as premium quality vision products and eyewear.
- We are committed to making your life better, easier, safer, and more enjoyable!
Orthokeratology, or, "ortho-k" uses a hard contact worn at night to gently reshape the cornea. This leaves you able to see and function normally during the day without the need for glasses or contacts, with none of the serious complications that come with surgery.
One of the most important ways in which you can help your eye to heal is by keeping it safe. Protect your eye carefully from additional injury by not engaging in any activities with whizzing objects or crashing players. When you do partake in a physical activity, wear protective eyewear or safety goggles.
What Our Patients Say...
No Vision Plan? Poor Vision Plan?
People purchasing this plan will be able to continue regular eye care and eyewear purchase benefits through our office at a greatly reduced cost over private pay.
Here are three types of people that would benefit from VSP Individual Plans.
- Retirees who have had VSP or another vision care plan AND who are not 65 when Medicare kicks in for the exam.
- People without vision care who delay care because of cost.
- Young adults who do not have vision care because they have “aged” out of their parents medical and vision care insurance and who are not yet covered by an employer.
Q&A with Dr. Yim
Dr. Yim Answers Questions About Daily Disposable Contact Lenses (aka, Dailies)
What are the advantages of daily disposable contact lenses?
There are two big benefits to daily disposable contact lenses. One is convenience. With dailies, there is no cleaning or storage, and no cost of lens cleaner. You just throw away the lenses after the day, and use a brand new lens the next morning, nothing could be easier. The second benefit is comfort and health. Daily lenses tend to be more comfortable than monthlies, and also because they only stay in your eye for one day, there is no buildup of bacteria on the lenses that could cause infections or other problems. You also don’t have to remember your replacement schedule and when to change your lenses, you have a new pair every day.
- Monday:8:00am - 12:00pm & 1:30 - 5:00pm
- Tuesday:8:00am - 12:00pm & 1:30 - 5:00pm
- Wednesday:8:00am - 12:00pm & 1:30 - 6:00pm
- Thursday:8:00am - 12:00pm & 1:30 - 5:00pm
- Friday:9:00am - 1:00pm
- Saturday:8:00am - 12:00pm